December 5, 2018
UBC Drum Clinic
Location: Okanagan Campus
Start Time: 12:30 pm
UBC Education Dept: Drum Clinic with Trevor Salloum
3333 University Way, Kelowna, BC
12:30pm-3:30pm Wed. Dec. 5th 2018
Discover the magic of drumming. Explore exotic rhythms of the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Learn drum tones, games, exercises and basic rhythms of ancient cultures. Drumming has been shown to build self-esteem, strengthen personal and professional relationships and enhance team performance.
- Display ideal posture and technique while playing a drum
- Use correct drumming vocabulary and nomenclature
- Develop a sound and effective practice routine
- Utilize warm up exercises and drum games
- Play rudiments: paradiddle, five-stroke roll, single and double strokes etc.
- Perform a variety of Afro-Cuban, Middle Eastern and West African rhythms
- Count and vocalize tonal language with rhythms
- Gain a deeper understanding for the benefits of drumming and how to implement them in the community